Poets for Living Waters

Hey Yall:

I have three poems up at Poets for Living Waters.

Poets for Living Waters is a poetry action in response to the BP oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico begun on April 20, 2010, one of the most profound human-made ecological catastrophes in history.

The first law of ecology states that everything is connected to everything else. An appreciation of this systemic connectivity suggests a wide range of poetry will offer a meaningful response to the current crisis, including work that harkens back to Hurricane Katrina and the ongoing regional effects.


This is a movement I believe in. I submitted three things that deal with water, which was easy cause I lived by the sea for part of the summer. The second piece is actually not a poem but a paragraph from my novel Belen--which is cool they took it as it's not really a stand alone!

~

In other news: I said yes to the Tucson Festival of Books in March. The organizers had Jim Harrison listed on the bill as another poet involved, so I immediately emailed him about reading with me. Uncle J hasn't read in Tucson since 1972 but says he would read with me. So I hope this will happen! It would be a big ole dream come true! And would make me the happiest grl in the world!

Popular Posts