YEHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSS

today in U lit 101s we did a lil David Foster Wallace.  i had mega-migraine.  like on the floor in the fetal early a.m. migraine that's still sitting with me now a little bit 13 hrs later.

TOMORROW:

BOTH OF THIS STUFF IS TOMORROW NITE.  WHAT?

Game starts at 520.  CD Wright at 7pm.  Thank goodness for NFL on my telephono!

BRING IT, LOVIE SMITH WITH YOUR ONE-NOTE EXPRESSION FACE, YOU STANK, HEINOUS, UGLY BEARS.

Wright’s writing has been described as experimental, Southern, socially conscious, and elliptical; as a volume of selected poems, Steal Away demonstrates how Wright has not cleaved to any one voice or form but continues to evolve her style. As poet and critic Joel Brouwer asserts, “Wright belongs to a school of exactly one,” and Wright herself has pointed out the contradictions inherent in her work: “I’m country but sophisticated. I’m particular and concrete, but I’m probing another plane. . . . There are many times when I want to hammer the head. Other times I want to sleep on the hammer.” 

Popular Posts