WHEN IN ROME, DO AS YOU DONE IN MILLEDGEVILLE

“The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” 
― Flannery O'Connor

i bought this etsy print for myself for christmas.  i put it in a frame & hung it near my bed so that when my eyes open in the morning first thing i see is mary flannery o'connor.  i say now what would mary flannery do with all this?


“I don't deserve any credit for turning the other cheek as my tongue is always in it.” 
― Flannery O'ConnorThe Habit of Being: Letters of Flannery O'Connor


“Anybody who has survived his childhood has enough information about life to last him the rest of his days.” 


“You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd.” 
― Flannery O'ConnorCollected Works: Wise Blood 


“Writing a novel is a terrible experience, during which the hair often falls out and the teeth decay. I'm always irritated by people who imply that writing fiction is an escape from reality. It is a plunge into reality and it's very shocking to the system.”
― Flannery O'Connor

“Whenever I’m asked why Southern writers particularly have a penchant for writing about freaks, I say it is because we are still able to recognize one.” 
― Flannery O'Connor


“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” 
― Flannery O'ConnorThe Habit of Being: Letters of Flannery O'Connor


“The writer should never be ashamed of staring. There is nothing that does not require his attention.” 
― Flannery O'Connor


“If you don't hunt it down and kill it, it will hunt you down and kill you.” 
― Flannery O'Connor


“I can, with one eye squinted, take it all as a blessing.” 
― Flannery O'ConnorThe Habit of Being: Letters of Flannery O'Connor

Popular Posts